The Cutting-Edge Angled Cutting board was designed with the idea of putting a modern touch on the tradition cutting board. However, our boards are commonly used as serving/cheese boards as well. The Cutting-Edge Angled Cutting Board has a large surface area to cut on. Both sides are 100% functional. This board makes an excellent wedding, housewarming, birthday, or even a thank you gift.
All our boards are handmade in Canada. This gives us 100% control over the quality and the ability to provide a 100% food-safe guarantee.
Help Save the Environment!
This board was made using 100% green construction techniques.
- All the wood used would have ended up in a landfill.
- Muskoka Woodworking takes the time to talk to local arborists and save the logs they cut down.
- From there the logs are milled by a sawyer and then dried in a solar kiln.
- Finally, our woodworkers turn the rough lumber into beautiful boards that will last the test of time.
Protect Your New Board
All cutting boards made from wood will eventually crack, split, or even gain a permanent odor if they are not properly taken care of. Applying our Food Safe Preserving Wax every 2-3 months will ensure a long life for your board. The process of maintaining and preserving your cutting board is simple:
- Washboard with water and soap
- Dry completely
- Apply the Muskoka Woodworking Preserving Wax liberally
- All Preserving Wax to sit for a minimum of 6 hours
- Buff off all excess wax with a soft cloth
The Muskoka Woodworking Preserving Wax can be purchased in the drop-down box next to this description. This product is 100% food safe.
Was this board close to what you wanted but was missing something? We are here to provide you with exactly what you're looking for. Send us an email at email@example.com with your desired changes and we will be sure to get back to you asap with an answer.
If you have any question or requests, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
All our boards take the "Tree to Table" journey. This is how we do it:
- Muskoka Woodworking takes the time to talk to local arborists and salvage the trees they cut down. These trees would usually be thrown in landfill operations at the municipalities expense.
- After the trees are cut down they are loaded and brought to the sawyer to be milled into slabs.
- We then take the freshly cut lumber and place it in our kiln for 4-6 weeks so that it can be dried to a stable moisture level. This helps prevent the wood from cracking and warping.
- Finally, our woodworkers turn the dried lumber into beautiful boards finished off with Viridios Cutting Board Finish.
We choose to have control over all of the phases wood would normally go through so that we can ensure 3 things:
1. That we never contribute to clear-cutting or the unnecessary killing of trees. We would not claim to be over the top environmentalists or "tree huggers" as some would put it, but simply have found harmony in saving on lumber prices while contributing to a better tomorrow.
2. The highest quality products. We do not have to rely on unknown third party companies to produce premium lumber. Although most lumbermills produce adequate quality lumber we feel in our to stand behind the products we also have to stand behind the lumber they are made out of.
3. Supporting local businesses. We only use local trees from Ontario and Quebec and all the sawyers (people who mill logs) are from Ontario as well.
Thanks for taking the time to learn about our process!
- Muskoka Woodworking Team
We aim to offer the best buying experience possible. This includes the shipping process. We ship to both Canada and the USA (with the exception of Hawaii). We also offer free Canada wide shipping on orders over 195 $ and under 40lbs to all provinces (not territories).
Boards that do not have customization or extras will ship in approximately 3-5 business days.
Boards with either customization, add-ons, or engravings will ship in approximately 5-8 business days. If you need it sooner please contact us.
Shipping time is 1-2 days for southern Ontario.
Shipping time for the rest of Ontario and Quebec is 2-4 days.
Shipping time is 3-7 days for BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI, and Newfoundland.
The Canadian Territories shipping time is 5-12 Days.
Shipping to the USA including Alaska is usually 5-10 business days.
Qualifications for Free Shipping
- Minimum order of 195 CND
- Under 40lbs
- Canadian provinces only (no territories)
- Retail sales only. (Wholesale and Corporate sales not included)
All our cutting boards are shipped with corner padding and wrapped in craft paper. Then the board placed in the cardboard shipping box and packaged tightly with packaging paper so it will not move around in the box.
For further information please send us an email at email@example.com