This Walnut Charcuterie Board is made by cutting a cross-section of a tree. It eloquently portrays the growth rings of the tree to display the history and beauty of the tree it came from. The bark has been hand stripped to ensure a true live edge. This board is then sanded down to a velvet smooth surface and then finished with our 100% food safe preserving wax. All of these boards are unique in their own way and show of the beautiful character that walnut provides.
Help Save the Environment!
This board was made using 100% green construction techniques.
- All of the wood used would have ended up in a landfill.
- Muskoka Woodworking takes the time to talk to local arborists and save the logs they cut down.
- From there the logs have to be milled by a sawyer and then dried in our solar kiln.
- Finally, our woodworkers turn the rough lumber into beautiful boards that will last the test of time.
Protect Your New Board
All cutting boards made from wood will eventually crack, split, or even gain a permanent odor if they are not properly taken care of. Applying our Food Safe Preserving Wax every 2-3 months will ensure a long life for your board. The process for maintaining and preserving your cutting board is simple:
- Wash board with water and soap
- Dry completely
- Apply the Muskoka Woodworking Preserving Wax liberally
- All Preserving Wax to sit for a minimum of 6 hours
- Buff off all excess wax with a soft cloth
The Muskoka Woodworking Preserving Wax can be purchased in the drop down box next to this description. This product is 100% food safe.
Was this board close to what you wanted but was missing something? We are here to provide you with exactly what you're looking for. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your desired changes and we will be sure to get back to you asap with an answer.
If you have any question or requests please send us an email at email@example.com